Doing some fly fishing for trout in Maryland with fellow fly fisherman Jack Bell.

 Oh, let me tell you, that day on the Youghiogheny River with Jack was an adventure to remember! It had been ages since I last picked up my fly rod, but Jack's patient guidance had me making some halfway-decent







casts in no time. I could feel the excitement building as I eagerly awaited my first catch.

And boy, did it deliver! My heart skipped a beat as I felt a tug on my line. I reeled in with bated breath, and there it was - a stunning rainbow trout, about 10 inches long, glistening in the afternoon sun. It may not have been a whopper, but it was a beauty, and I was over the moon with pride.

That day turned out to be a fishing bonanza. Jack and I caught a good number of trout, and the thrill of each catch was an adrenaline rush like no other. It was a spring afternoon for the books, filled with laughter, stories, and the joy of being out in nature, doing what we loved most.

It just goes to show that sometimes, we can find incredible adventures right in our own backyard. Who would have thought that Maryland, with its $45 license fee and $10 trout stamp, could offer such a fantastic fishing experience? It's a reminder that there's always more to explore, and the thrill of discovery is worth every penny.

So, to all my fellow north central WV anglers, don't limit yourself to just our beloved mountains. Cast your sights wider, and you might just reel in some unforgettable experiences in neighboring states too. Tight lines, my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts